Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
5926 Cross Creek Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN 46818-1726
Phone: +1 260-490-6060 | Fax: 260/490-5050 | 62 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North!
Business travelers with ITT Exelis feel right at home at this Fort Wayne hotel, as do vacationers who are in town for an event at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Stay close to The Fieldhouse or enjoy extended stay rates for guests who are here for a term at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) or Ivy Tech Community College. Blocked rooms, spacious accommodations and stellar customer service make this property stand out. Our indoor hot tub and pool add a touch of luxury to any trip. The complimentary full hot breakfast ensures every morning starts with a gourmet fare. Plus, when you’re so close to local attractions, it’s easy to make the most of your time in Indiana.
Sporting tournament venues such as Spiece Fieldhouse bring fans and teams to town from around the world. The Plex is a favorite local venue and SportONE Fieldhouse is where many legendary games have been played. From events at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, there’s truly something for everyone nearby. Annual events like the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale are favorites of locals and travelers alike.
When on business with General Motors Corporation or AT&T, you deserve to feel at home. Ernst & Young employees as well as workers with BAE Systems enjoy the short commute from our Fort Wayne hotel. With the Three Rivers Festival holding festivities all summer that include Junk Food Alley’s live performances, bands and parades, mixing in some fun is easy. There are many attractions downtown such as the library, which has the second largest genealogy center in the U.S., the botanical gardens and of course The Historic Embassy Theatre and the Grand Wayne Convention Center.
Reserve a relaxing stay at the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North right now and get the best rates! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes hot items such as: Scrambled Eggs, Western Omelets, Biscuits and Gravy, Sausage Patties and Links, Muffins and Danish, Yogurt and Fresh Fruit, Hot Oatmeal, Cold Cereal Selection, Bagel and Bread Selection, Waffle Station and Toppings
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open 5:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. including cardiovascular exercise, stair stepper, universal gym, elliptical, stationary bike and a treadmill
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, coined operated
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television, satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; all guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; all guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Printer available
- Fax services, available at front desk
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry, guest have the choices of soda, juice, bottled water, candy, granola bars, cookies, crackers, convenience meals, deodorant, hairspray, eye drops and other toiletries.
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus fort wayne inn & suites north in Fort Wayne.
Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Conveniently located, the best western plus fort wayne inn & suites north in Fort Wayne, Indiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 41.132875 / Latitude: -85.164905
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Fort Wayne International Airport. Drive east on Air Street for 0.30 miles. Turn left onto West Ferguson Road for 0.50 miles, continue onto Ardmore Avenue for 5.80 miles. Continue onto Hillegas Road for 3.70 miles then continue Huguenard Road for 0.30 miles. Turn right onto West Washington Center Road for 1.40 miles. Turn left onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North will be on the right in 125 feet.
From: Indianapolis International Airport. Head northwest toward Colonel H. Weir Cook Memorial Drive, continue straight onto Colonel H. Weir Cook Memorial Drive, and keep left at the fork to continue toward I-70 East. Continue on I-70 East for about 20.00 miles, then take Exit 89 for Shadeland Avenue in 0.20 miles. Keep left at the fork, follow the signs for I-465 North, and continue on I-465 North for about seven miles. Keep right at the fork, for I-69 for North Fort Wayne. Travel on I-69 for 111 miles, take exit 311B(old 111B) to merge onto IN-3 North/Lima Road for 0.50 miles. Turn left onto West Washington Center Road for 0.30 miles. Take the first right onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North will be on the right.
From: North or South I-69, Take exit 311B(old 111B) to merge onto IN-3 North/Lima Road for 0.50 miles, then turn left onto West Washington Center Road for 0.30 miles. Take the first right onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites will be on the right.
From: Spiece Fieldhouse. Drive southwest on Merchandise Drive toward Distribution Drive for 0.10 miles. Turn left to stay on Merchandise Drive for 305 feet. Take the first right onto Ley Road for 341 feet. Take the first right onto Lima Road for 0.60 miles. Take the first left onto West Washington Center Road for 0.30 miles, then take the first right onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne & Suites will be on the right in 125 feet.
From: SportOne Parkview Fieldhouse. Travel south on Ice Way toward Fernhill Avenue for 243 feet. Take the first left onto Fernhill Avenue for 492 feet. Take the first left onto Lima Road for 1.60 miles. Turn left onto West Washington Center Road for 0.30 miles. Take the first right onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North will on the right in 125 feet.
From: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Drive north on Parnell Avenue toward Memorial Way for 0.20 miles. Turn left onto Coliseum Boulevard East 1.20 miles. Turn right onto Lima Road for 1.10 miles. Turn left onto West Washington Center Road for 0.30 miles. Take the first right onto Cross Creek Boulevard and the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North will be on the right in 125 feet.
Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Northeast Indiana travelers near Fort Wayne, are fortunate to have a wonderful airport close to home. Fort Wayne International Airport, located southwest of the city, has provided service for military and civil use since 1941. The airport was built during World War II as a United States Army Air Force base named Baer Army Air Field.
Over the life of the base, more than 100,000 personnel worked at the base. At the end of the war, the airport was renamed Fort Wayne Municipal Airport and purchased by the City of Fort Wayne. Throughout the years, the airport was renovated and expanded with runway renovations, an expansion of the terminal building, the development of the Air Trade Center and a modern air traffic control tower.
Northern Indiana residents and visitors have a choice to board one of the many daily commercial flights to Chicago, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Cincinnati, Minneapolis and Myrtle Beach. The airport is serviced by Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines.
Set in its current spot since 1984, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art has amassed a collection of 1,400 works of art in its permanent collection. Born from a generous donation of 10 paintings by Theodore F. Thieme in 1921, the museum features mainly American art from 1850 on.
Artists like Thomas Young and Louis Lozowick are featured with works in the permenant collection. In addition, one-of-a-kind pieces can be found, such as the bust of Christopher Columbus created by Richard Greenough. Education and engagement of the local community of Fort Wayne are among the main goals of the Fort Wayne Museum of Art.
In order to accomplish this mission the museum offers talks, tours, an art library, and opportunities for interaction in the learning center. The museum welcomes all ages to view and interact with various exhibits. Events are held on a regular basis to engage the community as well as to expand their artistic horizons.
Appropriately set along Interstate 69, the I69 Golf Trail is located around four counties in northeast Indiana: Fort Wayne, Auburn, DeKalb, and Grant. Courses include Autumn Ridge, Walnut Creek, Cherry Hill, and Club Run.
Six premiere golf courses occupy a 90-mile stretch of Interstate 69 from Angola to Gas City, offering the perfect opportunity to take a week-end road trip and play up to 108 rounds of golf (though you may be more comfortable with just 36 rounds).
Johnny Appleseed Festival Souvenir
Celebrating the life and legacy of John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, the town of Fort Wayne holds the annual Johnny Appleseed Festival in late September.
The festival is a great opportunity for the whole family to learn about the man who traveled around planting orchards in Fort Wayne and other nearby parts of northern Indiana in the 1800s.
Over the years Johnny Appleseed has become the subject of folk tale and his gravesite has earned place on the National Register of Historic Places. The Johnny Appleseed Festival features fun for the whole family with activities from crafts and antiques to demonstrations.
Of course, what would a farmer’s festival be without a farmers' market? A kid’s area will keep the kids occupied while parents enjoy live entertainment and living history after they pick up some delicious fresh produce.
Sprung from the mind of Indiana entrepreneur Carl G. Fisher, the Lincoln Highway was officially unveiled on Halloween day of 1913. The phrase "coast-to-coast" is often tossed around without a second thought, but the Lincoln Highway, quite literally, follows the idiom – starting out west in San Francisco and ending at Times Square in New York City.
At nearly 3,890 miles, the Lincoln Highway meanders through a total of 14 states and more than 700 cities. The Indiana portion of the Lincoln Highway (from west to east) begins at the border in northern Indiana, near Merrillville and Schererville, and cuts through the state ending at the IN-OH border near Fort Wayne.
Along the way, as you drive the Lincoln Highway, you'll pass through cities like Valparaiso, Plymouth, and Warsaw. In Fort Wayne, you'll be able to check out the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, and the Fort Wayne Museum of Art – all thanks to the Lincoln Highway.
Fort Wayne’s biggest summer party since 1969, the Three Rivers Festival packs a punch of excitement and entertainment. This nine-day festival, held in Fort Wayne in northern Indiana truly has something for everyone to enjoy.
The Three Rivers Festival is held at Headwaters Park, and features entertainment ranging from concerts to massive garage sales to a junk food alley and amusement park rides. An antique collectible flea market, corn hole tournament, and many more events comprise the lineup for this action packed nine-day festival.
Many of the activities are to benefit local charities such as the Lutheran Health Network Parade, which has featured over 130 entries in past years. A 5k walk, train exhibit and autocross keep visitors on the move with activities of every sort.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 4.00 mile(s) from Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, ranked 88th on Pollstar's, 2013 Mid-Year Top 100 Arena Venues for Worldwide Ticket Sales. This venue hosts national concerts, family shows, and tradeshows, private and corporate events and is the home of the Fort Wayne Komets® of the ECHL, the Mad Ants of the NBA Development League and the Fort Wayne Derby Girls. They also host the following events: Vera Bradley® Outlet Sale, Fort Wayne Home & Garden Show and the Women's Expo.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Canlan Ice Sports, a new ice facility located on Fort Wayne’s north side. The facility is the largest and best new ice arena in the entire state of Indiana. The first-class venue features three NHL sized ice surfaces and offers amenities you won’t find at just any other ice rink. A full service restaurant and bar, the Thirsty Penguin Grillhouse, overlooks all ice surfaces and keeps spectators warm and comfortable during tournament action. 3869 Ice Way Drive Fort Wayne, IN 46805 (260) 387-6614
- 2.00 mile(s) from SportOne Parkview Fieldhouse, is a 57,000 square-foot multi-use facility that is professionally designed to be a premier indoor sports destination for competitions, leagues, tournaments and camps. Eight hardwood indoor volleyball courts and four outdoor sand volleyball courts. Amenities include a 100 seat restaurant and bar, 21 restrooms and personal showers, dedicated parking and onsite storage. Available for rent for basketball, wrestling, gymnastics and other indoor events. 3946 Ice Way Fort Wayne, IN 46805 (260) 444-2788
- 1.00 mile(s) from Spiece Fieldhouse, basketball, fitness center and day spa. With its eight full courts, Spiece Fieldhouse is the most sophisticated, technologically advanced and user-friendly basketball only facility in the United States. Gym Rats is a nationally recognized host of tournaments, clinics, camps, 3 on 3 basketball tournaments, leagues and instruction. Nationally tournaments like AYBT & GRBA and Gym Rats basketball are hosted at Spiece Fieldhouse. Full service day spa. 5310 Merchandise Drive Fort Wayne, IN 46825 (260) 471-5270
- 3.50 mile(s) from The Plex North, along with the adjacent Hefner Soccer Complex, this facility offers two full-size outdoor soccer fields with grandstands adjacent to a 45,000 square foot indoor multi-sport facility with seating for 500. The Plex North is designed to provide an outstanding recreational experience for people of all ages and skill levels. The staff consists of knowledgeable professionals who are committed to offering a clean, safe and organized facility that allows players and fans to get the most out of their sporting experience. We support the Fort Wayne surrounding communities and look forward to adding additional programs.
- 11.50 mile(s) from The Plex South, located on Fort Wayne''s southwest side, the Plex South includes over 100,000 square feet of indoor sports and entertainment space as well as 40 acres of outdoor recreation space. 5702 Engle Road Fort Wayne, IN 46804
- 3.50 mile(s) from Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, your family will love 38 acres of animals, rides and beautifully landscaped grounds. You can even hand-feed giraffes! Ride the Sky Safari, trek through the Indonesian Rain Forest, say hello to orangutans or sharks. See why the zoo was voted Indiana's Number One Summer Attraction in 2012! 3411 Sherman Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46808
- 4.00 mile(s) from Headwaters Park, a 30-acre park in downtown Fort Wayne which provides a setting for a wide range of public and private events including festivals, concerts and cultural events, weddings, family reunions and other parties. Free splash pad open Spring to Fall, and ice skating open late November thru February, weather permitting. 333 South Clinton Street. Fort Wayne, IN 46802 (260) 425-5745
- 4.50 mile(s) from Allen County Library, open seven days a week, the Genealogy Center is world-renowned for its immense collection that is more accessible than any you will find. In all, our collection totals over 961,726 items! 900 Library Plaza Fort Wayne IN 46802
- 5.00 mile(s) from Historic Embassy Theatre, built in 1928, the Embassy Theatre is one of Indiana’s largest historic theatres; Today, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Featuring an expanded stage and restored Indiana Hotel Lobby and Mezzanine, the Embassy is a unique venue for national and local productions as well as private-party events. 125 West Jefferson Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46802 (260) 424-6287
- 5.00 mile(s) from Botanical Conservatory, surround yourself with nature at an oasis in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne. Enjoy lush seasonal displays, four outdoor gardens, the Tropical Garden with orchids, palms, and a cascading waterfall, and the Sonoran Desert Garden. Visit the gift shop or the cafe. 1100 South Calhoun Street Fort Wayne, IN 46802 (260) 427-6440
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fort Wayne Museum of Art, this American art museum offers diverse exhibitions of contemporary and historical art. Activities include tours, lectures, workshops and parties. The Paradigm Gallery has fine art and craft for sale and the Early Learning Center offers hands-on fun for youngsters. 311 Main Street Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- 5.00 mile(s) from Edwin Clark Planetarium, enter a 30-foot projection dome with 75 seats. At the center of the room is a Spitz Model A4 projector, with the capacity of showing the sky as it appears on any night of any year, anywhere on Earth. The machine projects 2,100 stars, the Milky Way, the Sun, the Moon, and the positions of the five planets visible to the naked eye. In addition to the main star projector, there are many auxiliary projectors that simulate the constellations, comets, meteors, auroras, and galaxies. Located inside Achatz Hall at the University of Saint Francis. 2701 Spring Street Fort Wayne, IN
- 5.00 mile(s) from Brookside Mansion, former home of Fort Wayne industrialist John H. Bass. See it decorated for Christmas by local florists and decorators. This historic mansion was restored in 2010, and gives the visitor a glimpse into life at the turn of the 20th century. The mansion is completely handicapped-accessible. Parking is free. Located on the University of Saint Francis Campus. 2701 Spring Street Fort Wayne, IN
- 0.5 mile(s) from Meijer® Superstore
- 3.00 mile(s) from Walmart® Supercenter
- 3 mile(s) from Glenbrook Square Mall
- 8.50 mile(s) from Jefferson Pointe
- 3.00 mile(s) from Coldwater Crossing
- 3.00 mile(s) from Northcrest Shopping Plaza
- 0.50 mile(s) from The Home Depot®
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lowe's®
- 1.0 mile(s) from Sam's Club®
- 1.00 mile(s) from Costco® Wholesale
- Across the street from Cracker Barrel®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Kaysan's 5th Down, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, hometown full service sports bar with a large family room and full menu that caters to everyone's tastes
- Across the street from Switta-Thai Cuisine, full service, Thai, open for: lunch, dinner, offering a 10% discount to guests staying at the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North!
- 1.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, offering a 10% discount to guests staying at the Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North!
- 1.00 mile(s) from Asakusa Japanese Restaurant, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, creating some of the best sushi found in the mid-west in a relaxed setting.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cork 'N Cleaver, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, a Ft. Wayne classic for fine dining in a casually elegant atmosphere
Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Fort Wayne. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean