BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City
4936 Kay Bee Drive, Gas City, IN 46933-6601
Phone: 765/998-2331 | Fax: 765/998-6275 | 62 Rooms | Online Reservations
Enjoy a great location near Taylor University, Indiana Wesleyan University, the new Cafe Valley, and General Motors. Conveniently located with several restaurants within walking distance including: Casa Grande Bar and Grill and Mia Cucina Italian steakhouse and Pizzeria. We offer great rates, and unbeatable value at this Gas City Hotel.
Stay at this BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City hotel for spacious guest rooms, each complete with easy elevator access, cable satellite television and wireless high-speed Internet access. Other amenities at this hotel in Gas City also include a hot breakfast each morning, in addition to on-site guest laundry and a complete fitness center.
Business travelers have made the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City the best choice for hotels in Marion, IN. We provide meeting facilities that can accommodate up to 30 guests and a close proximity to the new Cafe Valley, American Woodmark, 3M®, General Motors, Echelon Furniture, Dollar General Distribution Warehouse, Weaver Popcorn, Gripco and the Walmart® distribution center. Our facilities are also perfect for weddings, reunions, group events and more.
Visiting for fun? There's plenty to see and do just outside the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City, located right off I-69 at Exit 259. Taylor University and Indiana Wesleyan University are both nearby for those touring a campus or visiting students. Walnut Creek and Club Run Golf courses are a golfer's dream. James Dean and Ducktail Car Shows are perfect for the auto enthusiast. History buffs can see the Covered Bridge Festival, 1812 reenactment on the Civil War Days at the Mississinewa Battlefield, in addition to the Marion Veterans National Cemetery. And, of course, there's always the Splash House, Garfield Trail, Cardinal Greenway Riverwalk, and Quilter's Hall of Fame. There's something for everyone in Gas City!
Make your next Gas City hotel stay truly memorable with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City. Book and save today.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Yogurt, Hot eggs, Hot Breakfast meat, Other hot items, Juice, Coffee
- Indoor pool, heated, salt water pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise room, 24-hour
- Safe deposit box
- Meeting facilities, with wireless Internet
- Free parking, outdoor
- Fax services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundromat, coin operated guest laundry
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- PC & printer available, network/Internet printing
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- 24-hour front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Weight lifting
- Elevator, easy access to all rooms via elevator
- Interior corridor
- Express check out
- Ice/Vending machine
- Free newspaper, available at the front desk
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus gas city in Gas City.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City
Conveniently located, the best western plus gas city in Gas City, Indiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.482155 / Latitude: -85.547555
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City is located at the northeast corner intersection of Highway 169 and SR 22 at Exit 259.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Paying homage to the America's most famous cartoon cat, the Garfield Trail stretches across northern Indiana communities including Gas City, Marion, and Fairmount – Garfield creator Jim Davis’ home town. The trail features statues depicting Garfield in different attire, in theme with various municipal commemorations.
The Speedking Statue in Swayzee shows the lasagna lover ready to shoot hoops dressed in a basketball uniform. Other popular Garfield statues include Upland’s Scream for Ice Cream and the Firefighter in Jonesboro.
Located around Fort Wayne and Auburn, DeKalb, and Grant counties, the I69 Golf Trail is one of northern Indiana's best golf destinations. Six premiere golf courses occupy a 90 mile stretch of Interstate 69 from Angola to Gas City, offering the perfect opportunity to take a week-end road trip and play up to 108 rounds of golf (though you may be more comfortable with just 36 rounds).
Make it a full trip and take advantage of the trail's many attractions, including the Mississinewa Riverwalk, Cumberland Covered Bridge, Glenbrook Square, Jefferson Pointe, Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, Science Central, and the Fort Wayne Botanical Gardens.
Experiene truly unique and inviting area attraction on your next visit to northern Indiana. Mississinewa 1812 is a living history of the Battle of Mississinewa, a major area campaign during the War of 1812. Originally occurring on December 17th and 18th, 1812, the Battle of Mississinewa is noted as being the first offensive victory for the American Army during the war.
Typically held the second weekend in October, Mississinewa 1812 is a two day, battle re-enactment you won't soon forget. Drive in to LaFontaine from nearby cities like Gas City and Peru to experience a bit of what life was like for the soldiers and nearby families in the area during the War of 1812. There are military encampments where you'll have a chance to see ongoing demonstrations of field drills, artillery firing and even a staged battlefield surgery. Rivertown is where more than 140 merchants gather to offer art, food, crafts, and wares – there's also live music to entertain.
Check out the Quilters Hall of Fame on your next visit to Marion. As you explore the Indianapolis area, head north into Marion, just outside of Gas City, and enjoy a pleasant tour. Founded in 1979 by Hazel Carter, the Quilters Hall of Fame is a pleasant and unique experience, and one of the top area attractions for quilting enthusiasts. You'll find the Quilters Hall of Fame and all of its exhibits within the historic Marie Webster House.
Plan your visit to Quilters Hall of Fame for spring or summer as it's closed for winter, re-opening every April. You'll get a peek at the history of quilting and some of the most iconic and legendary quilters in American history. There are exhibits displaying the likes of many Colonial Revival Quilts. You can park for free in front of the building on Washington street, or in the parking lot found in the rear. Children under 6 always gain free admission.
Tee it up and let it rip – experience a wealth of golfing pleasures on your next visit to Marion, north of the Indianapolis metro area. Discover the Walnut Creek Golf Courses when you visit. A short drive from nearby Gas City, the Walnut Creek Golf Courses offer a unique golf experience, as it combines two 18-hole courses side by side – Walnut Creek and Club Run.
Walnut Creek was opened in July of 1970 with 18 holes, and as of 2011, Golf Digest rates Walnut Creek with a four-star rating. In 1995, Club Run opened as a nine-hole, executive course, with the full fledged 18 holes finally opening in 1998. Walnut Creek features tall, mature trees with large greens, whereas Club Run is a more modern course, featuring smaller greens – you'll find both courses challenging and fun.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Gas City I-69 Speedway
- 5.00 mile(s) from Gas City Mini Zoo, where you can feed the animals
- 7.00 mile(s) from Hostess House, historic house and restaurant
- 8.00 mile(s) from Fairmount Historical Museum
- 9.00 mile(s) from James Dean Gallery
- 10.00 mile(s) from Quilters Hall of Fame, museum
- 10.00 mile(s) from Marion Philharmonic Orchestra
- 10.00 mile(s) from James Dean Gravesite
- 10.00 mile(s) from Cumberland Covered Bridge, in Matthews
- 15.00 mile(s) from 1812 Mississinewa, battlefield site of the largest battle of the War of 1812.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Oak Hill Winery
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mick's Flea Markert
- 9.00 mile(s) from Frenchies Antiques
- 10.00 mile(s) from Khols, department store
- 10.00 mile(s) from Meijer, department store
- 12.00 mile(s) from North Park Shopping Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2 mile(s) from Upland
- 2 mile(s) from Gas City
- 5 mile(s) from Fairmount
- 8 mile(s) from Marion
- 20 mile(s) from Anderson
- 20 mile(s) from Kokomo
- 30 mile(s) from Muncie
- 30 mile(s) from Huntington
- 45 mile(s) from Fort Wayne
- 55 mile(s) from Indianapolis
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walmart® Distribution Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from Avis Industrial Corporation
- 3.00 mile(s) from Dollar General Distribution
- 2 mile(s) from Taylor University
- 8 mile(s) from Indiana Wesleyan University
- 30 mile(s) from Ball State University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Club Run Golf Course
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walnut Creek Golf Course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cardinal Greenway walking and biking trail
- 5.00 mile(s) from Garfield Trail
- 9.00 mile(s) from Mini Indi Go Carts
- 10.00 mile(s) from Slash House, water park
- 10.00 mile(s) from Arbor Trace Golf Course
- 15.00 mile(s) from Sweetser Switch Trail, walking, biking trail
- 20.00 mile(s) from Salamonie Reservoir
- 23.00 mile(s) from Huntington Lake
- 30.00 mile(s) from Mississinewa Reservoir
- Find restaurants located near the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City - a Gas City hotel offering all the comforts of home.
- Adjacent to Cracker Barrel, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Payne's, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Casa Grande Bar and Grill, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from China One, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.20 mile(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.20 mile(s) from Subway®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Taco Bell, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Arby's, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Flores Restaurant, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ivanhoes, Ice Cream/Dessert, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Jackies Family Restaurant, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gas City
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Gas City. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean